Bishop Dunne Catholic School is seeking a head archery coach that will organize and run a 6-12th grade extracurricular after or before school archery team using the guidelines for the National Archery in School Program.
1. Has prior coaching experience or exhibits evidence of knowledge of archery
2. Has the ability to work well with students
3. Has or will get and maintain certification for National Archery in School Program.
4. Has the ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, parents, media and the community
JOB GOAL: To help each participating student achieve a high level of Archery skill, and an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in archery
- Plan and schedule with the athletic director (with approval of the Principal) a regular program of practice for each season including summer practices and camps
- Assist the athletic director in scheduling all interscholastic contests in archery
- Prepare bids and recommend purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms as appropriate
- Maintain necessary attendance forms, insurance records and similar paperwork, as specified by the athletic director
- Oversee the safety conditions of the facility or area in which archery is conducted at all times that students are present
- Enforce the established performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in archery
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and establish and oversee penalties for breach of such standards by individual pupils
- Develop an annual-budget request for archery, in cooperation with the principal and athletic director and administer the annual budget for archery according to established policies and procedures
- Evaluate all assistant coaches who are responsible to him/her and make recommendation to the principal and the athletic director
- Participate in those functions and activities as described in the regular coaching job description
- Oversee the proper maintenance and care of athletic equipment
- Maintain file of practice schedules to document the teacher of proper skills/knowledge
- Submit purchase orders to athletic director for review and approval
- Obtain advanced approval from the principal for all fund raising activities
- Monitor and be responsible for all student fund raising activities related to the archery program
- Have all students under supervision of certified personnel at all times at approved after school programs
- Perform other duties consistent with the position assigned as may be requested by the supervisor including maintaining a team website.
Title: Kitchen Floater
Hours: Must be able to work varied hours, including weekends
Experience: Food service and/or customer service experience required. Food handler certificate is a plus
Reports to: Chef
General Duties: Assist with Falcon Café day-to-day operations, catering events and concessions
Click here for the full description.
Therefore, we want teachers who are passionate about their subject matters of expertise and understand their primary role in assuring students’ learning and mastery of subject matter and college preparatory skills. As a result, we seek ways for our students not just to be exposed to our subjects; rather, we want students to engage in the information and look at ways to understand it, apply it, and synthesize how it connects to other knowledge.
We want educators who see themselves as learners as well as providers of knowledge, which means we want teachers to want to be part of a learning community and collaborate with their peers in each of their responsibilities:
- Student advisor of approximately fifteen (15) students that the teacher follows and supports for up to seven years at Bishop Dunne.
- Department member who seeks and provides to colleagues curricular knowledge, a willingness to collaborate, and a desire to study data to develop practices that improve student learning in a discipline.
- Educator who partners with students and families in student learning and is available and willing to provide additional support to students when needed.
- Educator who is willing to improve practice in general as well as seeking to reach students who aren’t achieving at the level the teacher would expect.
- Moderator of extracurricular activity or someone who coaches a sport is preferred.
Bishop Dunne is currently not hiring for teaching positions.
Bishop Dunne Catholic School welcomes inquiries from all qualified applicants for employment and does not discriminate against any persons.