The 7-Year Advantage
Bishop Dunne is the only Catholic school in the Dallas and Fort Worth area that offers a 6th through 12th grade academic program. This "seven-year advantage" allows students to begin their high school career while still in the middle school by offering them the possibility of taking accelerated and college level classes.
Attending the Bishop Dunne Middle School is a proven method of giving students an advantage in their education:
- In each of the previous four years, the majority of the top ten students in the graduating class attended the Bishop Dunne Middle School;
- In the previous three years, students who have attended the Bishop Dunne Middle School have raised over $11 million in college scholarships;
- Bishop Dunne graduates who attended the Middle School are now studying at places such as Texas A&M, Harvard, Stanford, SMU, Georgetown, Baylor, BYU, and the University of Texas at Austin;
- Bishop Dunne graduates who attended the Middle School take an average of 10 Advanced Placement courses;
- Bishop Dunne graduates who attended the Middle School earned an average ACT score of 28;
- Bishop Dunne Middle School students earn higher ITBS scores, receive fewer academic deficiencies, and achieve greater presence on the honor roll.