Collegiate Institute at Bishop Dunne
The Collegiate Institute at Bishop Dunne Catholic School works in conjunction with the Dallas County Community College District (DCCCD) to provide qualified applicants a unique academic experience. The Collegiate Institute is designed to satisfy credit requirements for high school graduation while the student also earns an Associate Degree of Science from DCCCD.
The Collegiate Institute features a college curriculum in the structure of the high school environment, which allows students to continue to participate in extracurricular activities while they achieve dual diplomas. Students earn high school and college credit at the same time at no additional cost.
Collegiate Institute students are grouped as a cohort to foster an accelerated learning environment. Additionally, the cohort model provides the support to develop academic and social skills as well as behaviors and conditions necessary for college completion.
Join us to learn more about the Collegiate Institute at Bishop Dunne Catholic School. All 8th grade students and their parents are invited to the Collegiate Institute Information Meeting in the Auditorium on Thursday, April 2nd at 6:00 p.m. Current 8th grade students interested in attending Bishop Dunne should complete the admissions application on Ravenna. Please note: if you have already completed an application to Bishop Dunne or if you are a current Bishop Dunne student, you do not need to submit an admissions application.
Collegiate Institute at Bishop Dunne admissions criteria
Students must meet the following to be considered:
- Accepted into Bishop Dunne Catholic School
- Entering 9th grade
- Submit an Essay
- Pass the TSI by the end of the 9th grade year
Advantages of enrolling in the Collegiate Institute at Bishop Dunne
- Earn high school and college credit at the same time for free.
- Avoid the cost of tuition and books.
- Eliminate thousands of dollars in college tuition costs by earning college credit hours while in high school.
- Accumulate college hours and earn an associate degree, 60 transferable hours to Texas' top colleges for free.
- Prepare to get a head start on your earning power for free.
- Take college level classes from qualified instructors on the Bishop Dunne Campus for free.
- Learn to navigate the educational process in higher education via academic, emotional and social support structures.
Please submit a 600-850 word count essay about why you think this program is a good fit towards accomplishing your academic goals.