PARENTS GET IT DUNNE!
Parents Association Council
New Parent Ambassadors Chair
VP Dads Club
Athletics Fundraising Chair
Arts Fundraising Chair
VP High School
VP Middle School
VP Parent Captains & Communication
ABOUT THE PARENTS' ASSOCIATION
Our small school is doing big things and we want everyone to be a part of it. We invite our Oak Cliff community and beyond to join us in providing financial equity to our school’s athletics, arts, and extracurricular activities that are loved by our kids.
Did you know?
- Bishop Dunne 2022 graduates were accepted to 152 colleges and universities and offered $6.6 million in scholarships. Schools include Harvard, Tulane, University of Chicago, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, and many others.
- Bishop Dunne has the most state-of-the-art GIS and gaming labs for high school students in the region.
- A Bishop Dunne teacher has won Teacher of the Year for the last two years competing among all Texas high school teachers in the Catholic Dioceses.
- A Bishop Dunne junior received her Associates Degree before earning her high school diploma!
Our Annual Kick-Off Campaign
Make a donation to the Parents’ Association Kick-Off Campaign and share our fundraiser with your family and friends. Bishop Dunne is a diverse school where middle and high school students get the opportunity to try new things – to explore, inquire, lead, and serve in a joyful community of faith. Let’s tell the community about our great school.
Share your story! We’re asking families to share their story about Bishop Dunne. Tell your family, friends, and colleagues—Why Dunne? Brag about how your child has thrived there (please, BRAG!), and why everyone should seriously consider sending their children to Bishop Dunne. Simply email your story to 5-15 people and include the link to our Kick-Off Campaign Fundraiser. Gifts of any size make an impact!
how to get involved
Thank you to all who filled out a volunteer form this past school year. We are using the forms to create a database of volunteer interests and skills to call upon throughout the year. We will email you if a need comes up. Upcoming needs are also shared in the Falconer and on GroupMe.
We are currently filling out our Parents’ Association Council and Committees. If you would like to throw your name in the hat or nominate someone else, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are so grateful to our families for giving of their time, talent and treasure. Families are asked to volunteer 40 hours or more of service per school year to the school or to make a donation.
All volunteers must complete Safe Environment training annually. For questions or to check your status, please contact Anna Lee Friesen, Director of HR and Safe Environment at email@example.com.
Volunteer Opportunities Calendar
Go to TRACK IT FORWARD to create an account (only one account per family). Once you create your family account you will be able to view volunteer opportunities under the "Events" tab, sign up to volunteer for different events, and log volunteer hours.
To receive volunteer hours please be sure you are signing up through Track It Forward. This volunteer system serves many purposes including confirming all volunteers are Safe Environment cleared.
Mrs. Echavarria is the school’s Volunteer Program Director. She can be reached by calling the school office or email firstname.lastname@example.org
coffee with the presidenT
Coffee with the President for this school year is completed.
The Parents Association (“PA”) works to build community, raise funds, and support the school through events and functions conducted by parent volunteers who serve on the Parents’ Association Council, Committees, and as Grade Level Captains with the support of all Bishop Dunne parents.
Save-the-date April 27th - for the Parent Association Auction Party at Chicken N Pickle. Ticket sales are now open!
Parent association Projects
Senior Parking Spots: A new tradition was launched and raised over $2,000 for prom
Summer Socials – New and returning students gathered by grade to celebrate the start of the school year and build community
Pre-game Party Our tailgate committee organized a fun social with performances by the cheerleaders and Falconettes.
Holiday Happiness Our Hospitality committee provided an end of the semester Christmas lunch through monies raised for the PAC during the Kick-Off campaign, individual parents also contributed gift cards and other gifts.
Baseball Concessions The PA is coordinating concessions for baseball games.
Thankful Thursdays Reference Sheet for Class Room Parents
Every month the PA Grade Level Captains organize food and drink and goodies to let our staff know how much we love and appreciate them.
- To make a donation to Thankful Thursday, parents can use the link in the Falconer or click here.
- Lead Class Room Parents can contact the BD PAC Treasurer to see how much money has been donated. They can then buy supplies, food and beverages for Thankful Thursdays using the money that has been donated. Please keep all the receipts for items you wish to be reimbursed.
- Once the event is over, the Lead Class Room Parent can email the BD PAC Treasurer at email@example.com with copies of their receipts in PDF format for reimbursement. Please also include the following information for proper reimbursement: name of person requesting reimbursement, their address, email address and phone number.
- When the BD PAC Treasurer receives this information, they will then submit a reimbursement request to the Business Office. Once the request has gone through the proper approvals, a check will be cut and sent to the person requesting the reimbursement at the address they submitted. This usually takes 3-5 days.
- Questions can be emailed to the BD PAC Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org.