Tuition and fees make up 78% of Bishop Dunne Catholic School’s operating budget. The Fund works to bridge the remaining 22% gap. The gap supports formation of the whole student and is an essential piece of the school’s operational vitality.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is The Fund for Bishop Dunne?

The Fund for Bishop Dunne is Bishop Dunne Catholic School’s Annual Giving campaign. The generous support and dedicated commitment of alumni, parents and friends allows Bishop Dunne to continue to strengthen its financial future. Each donation acts as a bridge between the funds generated by tuition and fees, and the actual cost of educating a student.

How much should I give to the Fund for Bishop Dunne?

We ask that all members of the community make Bishop Dunne Catholic School a philanthropic priority and contribute to the best of their ability. Remember, your contribution will directly enhance the educational experience of each one of our students. We value gifts of all sizes, and every gift matters.

Doesn’t tuition cover the cost of educating each student?

Tuition payments and related fees provide approximately 70% of the school’s annual operating budget. The Fund for Bishop Dunne provides a significant source of revenue that helps bridge the gap between tuition income and the full cost of a Bishop Dunne education, including funding for need based scholarships.

Why not raise tuition to cover the cost?

Although we must raise tuition to provide for growth of faculty salaries and school programs, no Catholic school could charge the actual cost of education without pricing itself out of the market. We believe that a Bishop Dunne education should be accessible to as many talented, deserving young students as possible. A diverse student population enriches the educational experience for all our students and their families.

How important to the school is The Fund for Bishop Dunne?

The experience of learning at Bishop Dunne is a joyful and rewarding one. While Bishop Dunne carefully stewards its resources, the cost of this experience cannot be sustained by tuition alone. Your support for the Annual Fund plays a critical role in meeting the financial needs of the school and its many programs.

Is my gift tax-deductible?

Bishop Dunne is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit educational institution, and we invite you to make a fully tax-deductible investment in our school.

May I use a credit card?

Yes, the school accepts gifts of cash, securities, and most major credit cards. Many donors prefer to pay by credit card to make a secure donation, please click here.

Does your employer offer a matching gift?

Many companies offer a program whereby they will match the value of any gift contributed in support of a non-profit organization. Please check with your Human Resources department for proper documentation as an easy way to double your gift. For a list of companies that have given employer matching gifts, please click here.

What if I can’t give at this time?

There are ways we can help. You can pledge now and defer payment until later; you can also pay in installments, if that is more convenient for you. All pledge payments must be received by the close of the fiscal year, which is June 30.

What is the Annual Fund Goal for 2018-2019?

The goal is $100,000.


Director of Advancement

Lydia Torrez | Class of 1974

Office: 214 339 6561 x 4059
Fax: 214 339 1438
Federal Tax ID #: 75-2883025